3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer 2022
BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that offers live and on-demand TV programmes. It is available to viewers in the UK only. A VPN can help you unblock BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world.
When looking for a VPN to use with BBC iPlayer, there are a few key factors to consider:
1. The VPN must have servers in the UK.
2. The VPN must be able to unblock BBC iPlayer.
3. The VPN must be fast enough to stream HD video content without buffering.
4. The VPN must have strong security features to protect your privacy.
5. The VPN must be easy to use and have good customer support in case you need help.
Based on these criteria, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for BBC iPlayer as shown below.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for BBC iPlayer
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|📥Keep logs||Very Important|
|🔒Split Tunnelling||Very Important|
3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer 2022
- NordVPN- Best pick for BBC iPlayer 2022
- SurfsharkVPN- Cheapest BBC iPlayer VPN
- ExpressVPN- Excellent security and BBC iPlayer performance 2022
NordVPN- Best pick for BBC iPlayer 2022
NordVPN is an excellent VPN for BBC iPlayer. It has a large network of servers in many countries and offers strong security features. NordVPN also has a generous 30-day money-back guarantee. In addition, it is user-friendly, accesses prominent streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, incorporates advanced security features, and it is ranked number one for this specific platform by many reviewers due to having a large number of servers in the UK, which enhances the streaming experience.
We tested NordVPN’s download speed across 58 countries all over the globe, and had a download average speed of 57 Mbps. The provider also has excellent customer support service, which offers 8 seconds wait time to connect to an agency and another 8 seconds to receive a reply, in case you face any problems connecting to BBC iPlayer.
NordVPN Key Features:
- Offers over 690 UK servers
- SmartDNS (unblocking BBC iPlayer even with devices that do not support VPN)
- Strong speeds
- Very secure
- Excellent value for money
- P2P optimized
SurfsharkVPN- Cheapest BBC iPlayer VPN
Surfshark VPN is excellent for BBC iPlayer. It can unblock the service from abroad and comes with some great features like a strict no logs policy, strong encryption, and a kill switch. Surfshark also offers apps for all popular platforms. One of its best advantages is that it is budget-friendly, starting at just $2.50 per month, for unlimited connections. It has an excellent download average speed of 71 Mbps across 69 countries, according to our testing process. As well as great customer support.
SurfsharkVPN Key Features:
- One of the best prices
- Plenty of servers
- Supports unlimited connections
- Can bypass BBC’s geo-restrictions
- Incorporates WireGuard, the new tunnelling protocol
ExpressVPN- Excellent security and BBC iPlayer performance 2022
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- Excellent speeds
- Great tech support
- Easy to use
- Stream from around the world, with no restrictions
- A large number of servers in the UK
- Intuitive apps
- Has its own Lightway protocol
How to get around BBC iPlayer VPN block?
iPlayer has some of the strictest blocks among all platforms, which makes it difficult to unblock even with the support of a VPN. In order to bypass VPN blocks while on BBC iPlayer, you can take one of the actions listed below:
- Shift to a premium VPN, which guarantees the unblock
- Disconnect and reconnect among servers located in the UK
- You can also disconnect the VPN altogether, then reconnect to a UK server
- Contact VPN customer support for guidance
- Enabling Leak Protection (or IPv6 leak protection) may also help
- Switch the time zone of your device from settings, or switch the device altogether
What VPN works with BBC iPlayer?
Plenty of VPN services can unblock BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world. However, some VPNs are faster than others, some have better customer support, and some are more reliable. Other than the VPNs discussed in this review, ProtonVPN, CyberGhost, PrivateVPN, Atlas VPN, Private Internet Access, and SaferVPN are other examples of services that work with BBC iPlayer.
How to download BBC iPlayer when using VPN on Android?
If you want to download the BBC iPlayer app on your android device, you will need to use a VPN. A VPN will allow you to connect to the internet through a different server, which will give you a different IP address. This will allow you to bypass any restrictions that may be in place in your country.
All the VPN services mentioned in this review, are compatible with android devices, which is the first thing you should look out for. After conforming that, you can install the VPN app, as well as BBC iPlayer, then connect the two through settings, or connect your VPN to your router to use it with any device and access iPlayer.