3 Best VPN for British TV 2022
British TV is a huge industry in the UK. Unfortunately, most of it is locked up behind a paywall and only available to those living in the country. That’s why many people use VPN services to access British television shows on-demand or live streams from abroad. In this review, we take a look at the three best VPNs for British TV according to our tests.
Some VPNs are more suitable than others when it comes to accessing British TV. Here, we take a look at some of the key things that you should look for when choosing a VPN for this purpose:
1. Fast speeds – When streaming live TV content or watching shows on-demand, having a fast connection is essential. You don’t want your stream to keep buffering or breaking up.
2. Reliable connections – A good VPN should be able to provide a reliable connection at all times. This is especially important if you’re trying to watch live TV as any interruptions could cause you to miss key moments.
3. Large server network – The more servers a VPN has, the more likely you are to find one that can unblock British TV. A large server network also means greater flexibility if you want to switch locations to access different content.
4. Strong security features – As well as being able to unblock British TV, a good VPN should also offer strong security features. This will protect your online privacy and stop your ISP from throttling your connection.
5. Easy to use – A VPN should be easy to set up and use, even if you’re not a tech-savvy user. The best VPNs will have intuitive apps that make it simple to get connected and start streaming British TV.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for British TV
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|📥Keep logs||Very Important|
|👩💼Kill Switch||Very Important|
3 Top VPN for British TV 2022
- NordVPN – Best VPN for British TV
- SurfsharkVPN – Excellent value VPN for British TV
- ExpressVPN – Great VPN speeds for streaming
NordVPN – Best VPN for British TV
This provider is an excellent option for streaming British TV, NordVPN offers fast speeds, good security, and a large server network of over 5000 servers worldwide. It’s also very reasonably priced. It also provides users with splendid customer support where they connect you to an agent within 8 seconds and respond within another 8 seconds.
NordVPN Key Features:
- Good for streaming
- Unrivalled UK speeds
- Kill switch
- Based in Panama
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks
- No-logs policy
- SmartPlay to bypass geo-blocks
SurfsharkVPN – Excellent value VPN for British TV
With its fast speeds, reliable connections, and strong security features, Surfshark is another great option for watching British TV. It has an average download speed of 71 Mbps and an average ping speed of 234 ms. It also offers a convenient and easy-to-use app, making it ideal for less tech-savvy users. In addition to its prompt customer support. For instance, Surfshark takes 15 seconds to connect users to an agent and only 5 to respond to them.
Surfshark Key Features:
- Can unblock UK content with ease
- WireGuard delivers fast and reliable speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Geo-unblocking with Smart DNS
- No-logging policy
- 256-bit encryption
- DNS, IPv6 leak protection
- Kill switch
ExpressVPN – Great VPN speeds for streaming
ExpressVPN is very reliable due to its consistent fast speeds, it has an average download speed of 94 Mbps and an average ping speed of 227 ms. It also has a huge server network and an excellent customer support, where users connect to an agent in 10 seconds and receive a response in another 10. ExpressVPN is one of the top choices for streaming British TV. It also offers strong security features and is very easy to use.
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- DNS, WebRTC, IPv6 leak protection
- 256-bit encryption
- Lightway protocol
- Great at unblocking UK content
- SmartDNS included
- Split tunnelling
- Stellar support
- Intuitive apps
How to watch British TV in the USA using a VPN?
If you want to watch British TV in the USA, you need to use a VPN. A VPN will allow you to connect to a server in the UK, which will give you a UK IP address. This will then allow you to access all of the British TV channels that are geo-blocked in the USA. There are many different VPNs to choose from, but not all of them offer the same level of security and privacy.
First, you need to find a reputable VPN service that has servers located in the UK. Once you’ve found a VPN service that meets this criterion, you’ll need to sign up for an account and download the VPN software. Once you’ve installed the VPN software on your device, you’ll need to connect to a server located in the UK. Once you’re connected, you’ll be able to access British TV channels and streaming services as if you were physically located in the UK.
How to stream British TV via a VPN router?
If you want to stream British TV via a VPN router, you need to follow these steps:
1. Choose a VPN provider with servers in the UK. As well as one that is compatible with routers.
2. Sign up for an account and download the VPN software.
3. Configure your VPN service on your compatible router following the VPN provider’s guidelines or purchase a pre-installed router.
4. Connect to a server in the UK.
5. Go to the online streaming service of your choice and sign up for a subscription.
6. Connect to one of the VPN’s UK servers and start watching British TV!