3 Best VPN for Chromecast 2022
Chromecast is a streaming media device that allows you to watch TV shows and movies on larger screens in your home such as televisions. A VPN will allow you to securely connect to this Google-based Chromecast without the risk of having your data tracked through an unsecured connection.
When choosing a VPN for Chromecast, there are several important factors to consider:
- Internet connection speed- A slow internet connection may result in buffering and lagging when streaming content on Chromecast, which can be extremely frustrating.
- Level of security- High-quality VPNs will typically use strong encryption and other security features to protect your data from hackers, data thieves, and government surveillance.
- The number of servers- Having access to a large selection of servers can help improve your streaming quality by allowing you to find the best connection for your location and streaming preferences.
- Price- As some may be more affordable than others depending on your budget.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for Chromecast
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|📥Keep logs||Very Important|
|🔒Split Tunnelling||Great to Have|
3 Top VPN for Chromecast 2022
- ExpressVPN – The best overall VPN for Chromecast
- NordVPN – Great Chromecast VPN with a large server network
- Surfshark VPN – A cheap alternative at high quality for Chromecast
ExpressVPN – The best overall VPN for Chromecast
From its excellent speeds to its easy-to-use user-friendly apps, it is the best VPN for Chromecast. ExpressVPN provides excellent security features and privacy policies, but also because it offers a huge number of servers in different countries to help you access content that may be restricted in your country. It has an average download speed of 94 Mbps and an average ping speed of 227 ms.
You could use ExpressVPN to unblock Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other services that are often blocked in many regions. We streamed Netflix US, UK, and Japan with high to moderate speeds and low buffering. Chromecast is a great addition to your home entertainment system and ExpressVPN can keep on streaming for longer than you could expect.
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- Extensive router support
- MediaStreamer service
- Kill switch protection
- DNS/IPv6 leak prevention
- Native Android TV app for Chromecast
NordVPN – Great Chromecast VPN with a large server network
Another great option is NordVPN which offers 24/7 live chat support, with 8 seconds to connect to an agent and another 8 seconds to get an answer to your concerns. It also offers many other awesome features such as double encryption. The best thing about this provider is that it provides plenty of servers to choose from.
It’s based in Panama, which means it isn’t subject to any data retention laws. This makes NordVPN a great option for anyone who is looking for a VPN to keep their online activity private. NordVPN also has a strict no-logs policy and great encryption and security protocols to keep your online activity and data safe.
NordVPN Key Features:
- Android TV-compatible app
- SmartDNS service
- Automatic kill switch
- DNS and IPv6 leak protection
- Cryptocurrency payment option
Surfshark VPN – A cheap alternative at high quality for Chromecast
Surfshark is a newer VPN service that has quickly become one of the best options for streaming content with Chromecast. It has all the features you would expect from a top-tier VPN, including excellent security and privacy features, a large server network, and support for streaming services like Netflix. For instance, we used it to stream Netflix in the US and experienced only a 5-second buffer and 4K streaming quality.
It’s also one of the most affordable VPNs on the market, which makes it a great option for anyone on a budget. In addition, its fast speed with an average download speed of 71 Mbps is an excellent VPN for Chromecast and is sure to keep you entertained for hours on end.
Surfshark Key Features:
- Native Android TV app
- NoBorders mode for unblocking content in strict censorship areas
- Camouflage Mode
- Smart DNS service
- DNS leak prevention
How to use Chromecast with VPN?
1. First, you will need to sign up for a VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or Surfshark VPN.
2. Once you have signed up for a VPN service, download and install the VPN app on your device.
3. Open the VPN app and connect to a server in the location where the Chromecast is not blocked or restricted. We recommend server locations in Canada, the UK, and Japan for most users.
4. Once you are connected to a VPN server, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit www.google.com/chromecast/. You should now be able to stream content through your Chromecast without any restrictions.
If you are still having trouble streaming content through your Chromecast, we recommend contacting your VPN provider for further assistance. Many VPN providers offer 24/7 customer support and will be able to help you troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing.
Why does Chromecast not work with VPN?
If you’re trying to use a VPN with Chromecast, you may have noticed that it doesn’t work. There are a few reasons for this:
- First, Chromecast does not support VPNs natively. This means that you can’t connect to a VPN and then cast content from your device to your TV.
- Second, even if you could, casting content to Chromecast is not the same thing as connecting to a VPN.
How to cast Kodi to Chromecast with VPN?
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Kodi to install it
- Then install the Google Home app
- After installing the two apps, go to Google Home, then Menu, then press Cast Screen
- Then press on Cast Audio or Screen once again
- Choose Chromecast device from a drop-down list and press Ok
How to cast my phone to Chromecast while using a VPN?
In order to cast your phone to Chromecast while using VPN, visit the Google Home app and select the Chromecast device you’re working with. Then go to Connect Chromecast to your Wi-Fi, and then select the VPN network you set up.
You can also choose a VPN compatible with your router, and set up your VPN on your router instead of on your device. This will ensure that all traffic from your devices to the internet goes through the VPN, including your phone.
Chromecast not working when Private Internet Access VPN is on?
There are a number of ways that you can use a VPN with Chromecast, although none of them are perfect and may not always work due to restrictions.
One option for using PIA VPN with Chromecast is to set up the VPN on your router. This will allow all of the devices on your network to connect to the VPN, and then you can cast content from any of those devices to your TV.
Another option is to use the Android app for your VPN provider. This will allow you to connect your Chromecast to the VPN, and then cast content from your phone or tablet.
The third option is to use a browser extension. Browser extensions are available for both Firefox and Chrome, and they allow you to connect to a VPN and then cast content from your browser.