3 Best VPN for LG Smart TV 2022
LG Smart TV is a line of internet-connected televisions manufactured by LG Electronics. These TVs come with built-in Wi-Fi and allow users to access a wide range of online content, including streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and many others.
But what if you want to access content that is not available in your country? A VPN can help you get around these restrictions by changing your IP address. This will allow you to access geo-blocked content from anywhere in the world.
If you’re looking for a VPN for your LG Smart TV, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- First, you’ll want to make sure that the VPN has servers in the countries you want to connect to.
- Second, you’ll want to choose a VPN that is fast enough to stream HD video without buffering.
- Finally, you’ll want to make sure the VPN is reliable and offers strong privacy measures.
Based on our testing process, we’ve put together a list of the 3 best VPNs for LG Smart TV so you can make an informed decision about which one to use.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for LG Smart TV
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|📥Keep logs||Very Important|
|👩💼Kill Switch||Very Important|
|🔒Split Tunnelling||Great to Have|
3 Best VPN for LG Smart TV 2022
- ExpressVPN – Best overall LG Smart TV VPN
- NordVPN – Private Secure VPN for LG Smart TV
- CyberGhost – Optimized streaming servers
ExpressVPN – Best overall LG Smart TV VPN
ExpressVPN is our top pick for LG Smart TV. It’s one of the most reliable VPNs on the market. It has an average download speed of 94 Mbps. It also has servers in over 90 countries, so you can access content from anywhere in the world. In addition, it is one of the fastest VPNs on the market, so you’ll be able to stream HD video without buffering. For instance, we used it to stream US Netflix with a 1-second stream buffer and 1080p streaming quality.
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- Audited zero-logs policy
- Sleek apps for all platforms
- MediaStreamer feature
- AES 256-bit, OpenVPN, and WireGuard encryption
- SmartPlay feature
- Multiple setup methods on LG Smart TV
NordVPN – Private Secure VPN for LG Smart TV
NordVPN is a great option for LG Smart TV users because it offers strong privacy and security features, as it operates in over 60 countries, so you can access content from anywhere in the world. It is also one of the fastest VPNs on the market, with an average download speed of 57 Mbps, and we were able to stream the US and South Korea Netflix, both without buffering and 1080p quality. This provider is slightly cheaper than ExpressVPN.
NordVPN Key Features:
- Large server network
- Large bandwidths
- DNS protection
- Double VPN
- Specialized servers
- Onion Over VPN feature
- Excellent SmartPlay requires no configuration
CyberGhost – Optimized streaming servers
CyberGhost VPN is a great option for those who want a reliable and affordable VPN for LG Smart TV, especially because it offers optimized for smart TVs. The provider is well known for its optimized servers for smooth LG Smart TV streaming. It also has an enormous server network of over 7000 servers. In addition to excellent DNS protection and exceptional customer support that connects you to an agent within 5 seconds and responds within 11.
CyberGhost VPN Key Features:
- Optimized servers for certain functions
- 7000+ reliable servers
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
How to install VPN on LG Smart TV?
There are a few different ways that you can go about installing a VPN on your LG Smart TV. One option is to use a configurable Router. This will allow you to connect your TV to the VPN network using a special router that has been specifically designed for this purpose.
Another option is to install a standalone VPN app on your LG Smart TV. This is a little more complicated than using a Router, but it can be done if you’re willing to follow the instructions.
Finally, you can also use a VPN service that offers an app for LG Smart TVs. This is the easiest option, as all you need to do is install the app and then connect to the VPN network.
How to install Surfshark VPN to LG Smart TV?
- Log in to your Surfshark VPN account
- After finding your smart DNS addresses
- Go to Network Settings on your LG Smart TV
- Choose Wi-Fi Connection if your TV is connected to the internet through Wi-Fi and Wired Connection if it is connected through the Ethernet cable
- Go to Advanced Wi-Fi or Ethernet Settings and press Edit
- Check the box saying Set Automatically
- Insert the DNS address of a smart DNS server, then enter, then connect and you’re good to go
How to change VPN location on LG Smart TV?
- Make sure that your LG Smart TV is connected to a laptop or PC via an Ethernet cable.
- Go to Start, then Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center
- After that, press on Change adapter settings
- Finally, confirm that your VPN connection is working