3 Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV 2022
Samsung Smart TV is a great way to watch online content. However, using a Smart TV can be a bit tricky when it comes to finding a VPN that works well with it. In this review, we will recommend three of the best VPNs for Samsung Smart TVs in 2022.
When choosing a VPN for your Samsung Smart TV, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the VPN has servers in locations where you want to watch content. Second, check to see if the VPN has specific instructions or an app for setting it up on your particular model of Samsung Smart TV. Finally, make sure that the VPN offers fast speeds and good security features, as these are important for streaming content smoothly and securely.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for Samsung Smart TV
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|📥Keep logs||Very Important|
|🔒Split Tunnelling||Great to Have|
3 Top VPN for Samsung Smart TV 2022
- ExpressVPN – Easiest setup and fastest server network
- CyberGhost VPN – Specialized streaming servers optimized for TV
- Private Internet Access – Large server network with reliable unblocking capabilities
ExpressVPN – Easiest setup and fastest server network
ExpressVPN is the top VPN for Samsung Smart TV because it has an excellent MediaStreamer Smart DNS feature allowing users to access any streaming content including Netflix foreign libraries, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. It also has servers in over 90 countries to help with reaching geo-restricted content.
Another great feature of ExpressVPN is its fast speeds and strong security features. It has an average download speed of 94 Mbps. We also tested Netflix and were able to stream it in the US, UK, and Japan, with low streaming buffer and mostly HD quality. Additionally, ExpressVPN has a helpful app for setting up the VPN on your Samsung Smart TV. Overall, ExpressVPN is a great choice for Samsung Smart TV users looking for a fast and secure VPN.
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- Built-in speed tester
- 24/7 online live chat
- No-logs policy
- Military-grade encryption
- Native router firmware for smart TVs
- Split tunneling
CyberGhost VPN – Specialized streaming servers optimized for TV
CyberGhost is a great VPN for Samsung Smart TVs that offers fast speeds and strong security features. It has servers in over 60 countries, so you can watch content from almost anywhere. Additionally, CyberGhost has helpful Specialized streaming servers optimized for TV and movie apps, which makes it easier to set up the VPN on your Samsung Smart TV, as well as a dedicated Streaming Mode for Smooth Streams.
CyberGhost has excellent customer support. It only takes 5 seconds to connect to an agent and 11 seconds to receive an answer. It’s also user-friendly and allows you to customize your router VPN connection from your web browser.
CyberGhost Key Features:
- 24/7 online live chat
- Dedicated servers for Samsung Smart TV apps
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Pre-installed routers
- Supports multiple routers
Private Internet Access – Large server network with reliable unblocking capabilities
PIA is extremely compatible with Samsung Smart TV models. It has server locations in over 50 countries with a large server network, so you can find a server that works well for your needs easily. Additionally, Private Internet Access has fast speeds and good security features. However, Private Internet Access does not have an app specifically for setting up the VPN on Samsung Smart TVs. Therefore, you will need to follow the instructions on the website to set it up on your router, which is more secure than Smart DNS.
With various servers in the US and UK, it allows users to access the largest TV content libraries. This also avoids slowing down streaming on Samsung Smart TV. PIA has excellent customer support where you can connect to an agent within 40 seconds and receive a reply in 15 seconds only.
PIA Key Features:
- 24/7 online live chat
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Server switches
- Split tunnelling
- Pre-configured FlashRouters
How to setup VPN on Samsung Smart TV?
You can use the Google Play store to download a VPN app that works on your TV. After installing the VPN on your TV, log in and connect to the server located where you want to stream content.
You can also set up your VPN on a Samsung Smart TV by installing it on your PC or laptop and then sharing the internet connection from either device to your Smart TV by following the steps below:
- Visit the Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center, and then Change Adapter Settings
- Click on the tap adapter connected to your VPN, then go to properties, and then click Sharing Tab
- Tick the box “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Click the drop-down menu, then pick the Ethernet connection, which has been configured in previous steps
- Restart your device to complete the setup and the device’s connection will be ready to connect to your Samsung Smart TV
Finally, a third option would be to install your VPN on a compatible router and then connect to the Smart TV.
What VPN works on Samsung Smart TV?
There are many different VPNs, some with better features than others. In this case, many VPNs are compatible with Samsung Smart TV, such as ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, PIA, PrivateVPN, PureVPN, NordVPN, and more.
How to connect my Samsung Smart TV to the NordVPN network?
There are three ways to set up NordVPN on your Samsung Smart TV, which include; setting it up through a PC, through a SmartDNS proxy, and through a router. All of which can be found with precise instructions on the provider’s official site.
To set it through PC follow the steps below:
- With an Ethernet Cable, connect the Samsung Smart TV to a Windows computer
- Press on Windows, then Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center, then Change Adapter Settings
- Identify your VPN then Select Properties, then Sharing
- Tick the box beside Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection
- Choose the Ethernet port used to connect to the Samsung Smart TV
- Restart the PC and the TV service will be activated