3 Best VPN for Smart TV 2022
Smart TVs are awesome. They come with a ton of features that allow you to do so much more than just watch your favourite shows. However, one downside to owning a Smart TV is that they are usually more expensive than regular ones. This is why it’s important to find a good VPN for your Smart TV so you can get the most out of your investment.
Some of the necessary factors to consider while choosing an ideal VPN for your Smart TV include:
- Compatibility- You’ll want to make sure that the VPN you choose is compatible with your Smart TV.
- Encryption- Encryption is important for protecting your privacy online. Make sure that the VPN you choose offers military-grade encryption so you can be sure your data is safe.
- Logging policy- A VPN with a strict no-logs policy is important so that your data isn’t tracked or monitored.
- Speed- A fast VPN is important for streaming in HD or 4K and gaming online. Make sure that the VPN you choose offers unlimited bandwidth so you can enjoy the fastest speeds possible.
- Price- You’ll want to find a VPN that fits your budget. Fortunately, there are plenty of great options out there.
Summary table of what makes a great VPN for Smart TV
|⤵️Download Speed||Very Important|
|🔒Split Tunnelling||Great to Have|
3 Top VPN for Smart TV 2022
- NordVPN – Best VPN for Smart TV 2022
- Surfshark – Best value VPN with unlimited connections
- ExpressVPN – Easiest VPN setup for Smart TV
NordVPN – Best VPN for Smart TV 2022
If you want a VPN that provides the perfect balance of security, speed, and value, then NordVPN is the one for you. It offers military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and unlimited bandwidth for just $3.71 per month. Plus, it can unblock a ton of popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more. And because it’s so lightweight, it won’t slow down your connection or hog your resources, it also has a download average speed of 57 Mbps.
NordVPN Key Features:
- A wide range of servers
- Offers NordLynx and IKEv2
- Offers an Android TV app
- Offers SmartPlay
- Fast servers
- Robust security and privacy protection
Surfshark – Best value VPN with unlimited connections
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly VPN that will still give you great performance, then Surfshark is the way to go. It only costs $2.49 per month and yet it still offers unlimited bandwidth, military-grade encryption, and a strict no-logs policy. In addition, it unblocks a ton of popular streaming platforms. It also has a download average speed of 71 Mbps.
Surfshark VPN Key Features:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Fast connections due to WireGuard tunneling protocol
- SmartDNS feature
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Android TV app
ExpressVPN – Easiest VPN setup for Smart TV
If you’re looking for a comprehensive solution that will cover all your bases, then ExpressVPN is excellent for you. It offers military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and unlimited bandwidth. This makes it ideal for streaming in HD or 4K, gaming online, or even just browsing the web. It is also popular with some of the fastest speeds in the market, with 94 Mbps average download speed.
ExpressVPN Key Features:
- Ideal for anonymous browsing, downloading (94 Mbps average speed), and streaming
- Powerful Android performance
- Smart DNS features
- Excellent router app
- Water-tight security, and excellent privacy
- Android app works great on smart TV
How to install VPN on Smart TV?
Follow the steps below to install VPN on a Smart TV:
- Look for a VPN that offers high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth
- Make sure the VPN has servers in multiple countries
- Choose a VPN with strong security features like military-grade encryption and a kill switch
- Download and install the VPN app on your smart TV or on your router
- Connect to a server in the country of your choice
- Enjoy streaming your favourite content on your smart TV
If you are connecting your VPN through your computer, follow the steps below:
- Install the VPN of your choosing on your computer
- Go to Mobile Hotspot Settings and activate it
- Ensure Wi-Fi is connected and select Share my Internet Connection Over
- Connect your smart TV to the mobile hotspot you created
How to install VPN on LG Smart TV?
Since there is no way to directly install the VPN service on an LG Smart TV, you may want to follow one of the few different ways mentioned below:
- The first way is to use a flash router. This is a router that has been specifically designed to work with LG smart TVs. It will come with software that you can install on your TV, and it will allow you to connect to a VPN server.
- The second way is to use a media box. These are devices that you can plug into your TV and they will allow you to stream content from the internet. Many of them come with pre-installed apps, so you will not need to install anything.
- The third way is to use an Android TV box. These are devices that run on the Android operating system. They come with a variety of apps that you can install, and they will allow you to connect to a VPN server.
How to install VPN on Smart TV Samsung?
If you have an old Samsung Smart TV, you can install a VPN on it easily from the Google Play store. Otherwise, you can also configure your VPN on your router and connect to any kind of Smart TV.
With direct installation to the TV, you will first need to make sure that your Samsung smart TV is connected to the internet. Then, open the VPN app and log in.
Once you’re logged in, connect to a server location. We recommend choosing a server location that’s close to your actual location for the best speeds.
Once you’re connected, open the Samsung app store and search for the VPN. Install the app on your Samsung smart TV.
Launch the VPN app on your Samsung smart TV and log in. You should now be connected to a VPN server.